[htdig] Merging databases

Shane Y. Gibson (shane@tuna.org)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:26:08 -0800

Hi all,

I'm a little fuzzy on a concept, and was hoping to bounce
something off of all of you...

I have a single search server, indexing our internal and
our external web pages. Each index operation creates
seperate databases. This works fine.

However, I want to merge the internal and external databases
to allow for internal people to search against both web
servers, in one operation.

I'm guessing this is the intent of 'htsearch'?? I'm not sure,
though, how I need to invoke 'htsearch' to do this. Can any-
one give me a few pointers? I did check the HTDig web site,
and still have a question about this...

v/r
Shane

--