Re: [htdig] Re: Description patch

Doug (DougB@simplenet.com)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:33:23 -0800

Peter Polkinghorne wrote:

> Just to point out, it is quite possible to build htdig with the standard Sun
> C++ compiler (I used 4.2) and Sun make (this was with Solaris 2.5.1). However
> I agree about patch.

        *nod nod* I should have made the distinction between "just compiling"
and "development work" more clear in my post. A lot of things are
compilable with sun's stuff, but as soon as you start talking about
adding patches, testing results, sending out patches, etc.; now you are
in an area that requires at minimum better tools, and preferably a tool
base in common with the other people doing the work.

Sorry for the confusion,

Doug