Re: [htdig] Problem of Cinfiguration ??

Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:05:58 -0600 (CST)

According to Vincen Pujol:
> I just come to download HTDIG in its latest release from the website on
> my Redhat 5.2 linux server. I have untar and unzip it with success. I
> run configure script, it does some checks and stops on Checking wether
> the C++ compiler (gcc) works .... no and it reports configure: error:
> installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create
> executables.
> What is the solution at the problem ??

I'd guess that the most likely cause of the problem is that either or both
of these RPM packages is missing from your Red Hat Linux installation:

        egcs-c++-1.0.3a-14.i386.rpm
        libstdc++-devel-2.8.0-14.i386.rpm

The solution would be to install these packages from your Red Hat
distribution. An alternative is to install the precompiled binary
RPM for htdig-3.1.1-1glibc.i386.rpm from

        http://www.htdig.org/files/binaries/

This would avoid the need to compile it yourself, if you don't need to
customise the source code.