Re: [htdig] Re: Description patch

Doug (DougB@simplenet.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:02:52 -0800

Antti Rauramo wrote:

> Oh well, I seem to save the patches somehow wrong, because my (Solaris) patch program says
> "I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere."

        Solaris' 'patch' program does not understand uni-diffs, and in fact it
sucks the big cheese wheel in general. If you are going to do any
development involving free software on a Solaris box, you want as a bare
minimum the following items from GNU:

gcc
patch
make

and for htdig you need libstdc++ obviously.

        All of these are available in source, and most are available from
http://sunfreeware.com/ in pkg format.

Good luck,

Doug