Re: [htdig] Re: Description patch

Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:46:03 -0600 (CST)

According to Antti Rauramo:
> Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > According to Antti Rauramo:
> > > Okay, the latest patch with the correction seems to work fine, thanks, now still
> > > the space-and-punctuation problem remains. Anyone?
> >
> > Funny you should ask. I've spend a fair bit of my spare time the past two
> > days working on a big patch to HTML.cc, which fixes about three previously
> > reported bugs about inconsistent handling of space and punctuation in
> > the title, href descriptions and doc. head. It seems to have helped
> > a lot with some problems on my site, but I'm hoping others on the list
> > will test it as well, especially those who had reported problems with
> > inconsistent spacing or punctuation in titles or descriptions.
>
> Applied, compiled, tried, it works! Great, thanks!
>
> > Thank you for volunteering, Antti! ;-)
>
> Hey, anytime, this is an essential feature for the e-commerce site I'm working on.
>
> > This patch will apply to the 3.1.1 source, but not entirely successfully
> > to the 3.2.0 development source (one hunk will fail, and will need to
> > be applied by hand).
>
> Oh well, I seem to save the patches somehow wrong, because my (Solaris) patch program says
> "I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere."
>
> So, everything's applied by hand.

I hope you were able to make sense of the patch I sent! It wasn't a
clean, straighforward one, so if you successfully applied the whole
thing by hand, I'm impressed. As for your Solaris patch program, maybe
it's an older version that doesn't handle the newer format "unified"
diff listings, which is what I sent. You may want to upgrade to a more
recent version.