[htdig] So Many Questions...

Elizabeth Carmack (ECARMACK@tnrcc.state.tx.us)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:11:32 -0600

I'm researching ht://Dig for possible use by my employer, the Texas
Natural Resource Conservation Commission, as a search engine on our
external and internal Web sites. We have a Netscape Internet server, on
an HP-UX 10. The ht://Dig Web site is helpful, but I couldn't find the
answers to a few questions. Can any of you kind souls help me?

Will ht://Dig run on an HP-UX 10?

Can it handle indexing 50,000 Web pages and/or 16 gb size with room to

Are you allowed to create custom concept/acronym definitions?

Does it understand natural language?

Any estimates on how much time it requires for initial
configuration/installation and administration?

How well does it find PDF documents?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Elizabeth Carmack
Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission
Austin, Texas