RE: [htdig] Make problems

Darin Isola (disola@teleport.com)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:32:30 -0800

We're running Solaris 2.6. I went through the make process with one of our sys admins,
and he's narrowed it down to our c++ compiler.

*shrug*

:) Thanks, though.

Darin

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Hutchison [mailto:ghutchis@wso.williams.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 1999 5:22 PM
To: Darin Isola
Cc: htdig@htdig.org
Subject: Re: [htdig] Make problems

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Darin Isola wrote:

> -I../db/dist -I../rx/rx -I../include -g -O2 Connection.cc
> In file included from Connection.h:36,
> from Connection.cc:11:
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:156: syntax error before `;'

This would imply that there's a syntax error in the system file
/usr/include/netinet/in.h. You don't mention what version of Solaris
you're using, but I'd check for new patches, and then send the message to
Sun. You might also take a look at that particular file, on that line and
see what the problem is.

It is not unheard-of for bugs in the system include files.