Re: [htdig] problems compiling hdig on solaris

Alberto Olindo (bindo@assibit.it)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:57:34 +0100

Hi everybody,

I have read in the past of people looking for YAHOO style directory
management tools. I was waiting for the Newyoo guys (mozilla directory now)
to open up their software which is surely VERY cool. But nothing look like
this will eventually happen (please flame me if the thing is actually public
now).

Searching for a solution for our search engine we have stumbled into
Catalog.
Catalog is exactely a directory management system completely in perl. OSS.

It comes from a french company
http://www.senga.com/

They supported Fulcrum and Verity full text and told me they were
intereseted in looking for an Htdig integration.

Give it a look.
BTW. Has anybody a better solution to integrate a directory service with
htdig searches ?

regards

Alberto Olindo