[htdig] Re: Segemntaion faults

Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:04:29 -0600 (CST)

I think a number of ht://Dig users are using it with large numbers of
documents like yours. I don't know what the cause of the problem is.
Are you now using 3.1.1, or still using 3.1.0b2? I assume this is on
a S.u.S.E. Linux system, with Intel processor?

Can you get a stack backtrace from the core dump? It would help to
know where it is crashing. Do you know what document it was processing
when it crashed? Maybe it's a problem with that. You can also try
htdig -vvv to get more verbose output. Note that this will produce
LOTS of output, especially with close to a hundred thousand documents,
but the last part of that output, just before it crashes, may prove to be
useful.

According to Bodo Bauer: