Re: [htdig] ht:Dig// search engine with Dublin Core meta tags ?

Rzepa, Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:06:07 +0000

>>> Has anyone ever tried to modify ht:Dig// to pay attention to
>>> Dublin Core (as opposed to 'htdig-...') meta tags ?
>>
>> There are a couple of configuration options for that. Just check the
>>docs. I'd start searching for "meta."
> ..
>
> The config options will probably do it for keywords and descriptions
> but not for all the other stuff the Dublin Core standard defines and
> which would be very useful to restrict searches to authors, titles
> etc in a more specific search database (e.g. for libraries).

This was the subject of my posting on 5 March, from which
I concluded the above was on the "to do" list.

I presume the sort of thing you folks are looking for
might be

http://platinum.ch.ic.ac.uk/echet98/jobjects/fsearch.htm

The searches by specified DC field (and a few dc.chem extension
fields whilst we are at it). We have not yet worked out how to search the DC.identifier
field, since this contains characters (: / . etc) which need to be quoted.
Ostensibly the "..." quote is implemented but does not yet work. But
I digress, since this list is for htdig queries!!

Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
mailto:rzepa@ic.ac.uk; Tel (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171 594 5804.