[htdig] htsearch performance problems

Schmale Michael (Michael.Schmale@icn.siemens.de)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 13:19:11 +0100

I have installed ht://Dig 3.1.1 on our Redhat 5.1 Linux Server. It is a PII
266 with 128 MB RAM running Apache. I have simply used the supplied rundig
script to build the databases that have a total size of about 600 MB. Does
anyone have a suggestion as to why a search submitted locally from the web
form takes such a long time? ie a seach for "web server" takes just about a
full minute before the results appear.

Michael Schmale
Siemens AG, München
+49 89 722 63711

4A Honours Computer Science
University of Waterloo

"Lecturing is a process in which words travel from the professor's lips to
the student's
notes, without passing through the brains of either of them.''
Mendivil, MATH 138