Re: [htdig] digger alias problem

Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:52:33 -0500

Hi!

>I want to modify not only the referer or the user-agent, but also the
>name the digger announces himself to the remote webserver. in other words:
>from the remote webservers logfile:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'referer' since that usually means the
URL of the previous document. Changing the user-agent is easy--look for
user_agent in the docs. ;-)

>with htdigger being an alias to rv31xz.

To the best of my knowledge, the program htdig only reports the name
returned by a call to hostname(). So I'd change this. On most systems, root
can simply call
"hostname new.host.name.com"