Re: [htdig] Please help: "Sort" in an endless loop!

Marjolein Katsma (webmaster@javawoman.com)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:23:59 +0100

Geoff,

At 16:37 1999-03-15 -0500, you wrote:

>At 2:26 PM -0500 3/15/99, Marjolein Katsma wrote:
>>What I don't know is whether he succeeded in actually getting that kind of
>>detection built into the Config for 3.1 (or 3.1.1), or whether that is even
>>possible: I just haven't had the time yet to install the new version!
>
>Shawn is correct in noting it is not detected in the new version. I've
>tried one or two strategies to detecting this problem in the configure
>script. Unfortunately, none of them seem viable as of yet. However, I
>haven't spent much time on this as I've been very busy with a number of
>other things.

Don't worry. We've all been busy. Or snowed under (I have, anyway). I'm
dying to install the latest version, just can't find the time to do it.
And if detection is not feasible (for now)... at least struggling with
something for 20 hours makes it easy to recognize the problem when it comes
up again.

>Clearly if anyone has used autoconf before and can come up with a test for
>this poor usage of "-T" by BSD systems, I'd greatly appreciate it. :-)

Don't know whether it's "poor". Just different from what you're used to -
and there are only two "tees" available when apparently we need three
semantics for it.

>(Until then, I really need to update the FAQ...)

Good idea :-) Until then, at least it will be in the mail list archive for now.

Java Woman - http://javawoman.com/