Re: [htdig] SSI and htsearch

Shantonu Sen (ssen@mit.edu)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:49:08 -0500 (EST)

alternatively, you can have the header.html have the IMG tag point to a
script instead of a static image. the script, in turn, would server up
different images depending on when its called.

i've had a lot of success with this for netscape, but IE doesnt seem to
like that. i suppose you could put a "[works only with netscape
navigator]", but this might not be the best solution for you.

you could also have header.html regenerated every minute with a different
ad, but this might get a little dangerous on a highload site if the html
file is constantly being rewritten.

these might not be the best solutions, but they are alternatives.

shantonu sen