Re: [htdig] help a newbie with header/footer/etc

Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:08:48 -0600 (CST)

According to Benson Yeh:
> I'd like to customize the response of htdig to my website. I dont
> like the universal response that HTDIG serves after a search has
> been performed.
>
> I know that I should be able to change the header/footer/etc for HTDIG,
> but I dont know how/what I should change. Is it in the .conf file?
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> I've got header.html, footer.html, etc in my HTDIG directory, but it
> doesn't seem to use them. Instead, it uses the common header/footer/etc
> from my ISP's web server. How do I change this to a customized one
> for my web site?

By default, htdig finds these files in the "common" directory,
where it stores the synonyms and endings dictionaries. They can be
overridden in htdig.conf by specifying the search_results_header and
search_results_footer attributes, or defining search_results_wrapper
for a file that combines the header and footer in one file.

See http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#search_results_wrapper for details.