Re: [htdig] WEbGlimpse-like 'neighbourhoods' with htdig?

Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:23:47 -0500

At 4:32 PM -0500 3/13/99, Darrell Berry wrote:
>i'm looking at replacing WebGlimpse with ht:dig, however i can't work
>out if it possible to implement glimpse-like 'neighbourhoods' with
>htdig...

At the moment, not really.

>what i want to to search all local URLs from the root, *and* one step
>out, so if one of the pages under my search root includes a linek to,
>say http://www.thing.com, that page also gets indexed, but nothing
>referenced there gets indexed...

You can index a certain number of jumps or "hopcount" from the start URL.
So you could restrict max_hopcount: 1. But this will only index pages one
link from the start_urls, so you'd have to put all the local URLs into
start_urls (presumably, by including a file with all local URLs in it).

Elegant? No. Workable? Perhaps.