[htdig] Problem compiling (cannot create executables) !!!

Heid Joern (heid@centaur.de)
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:48:10 +0100

I can't run ./configure with htdig3.1.1 successfully on Digital Unix 4.0D
AND Linux 2.0.33 although I have installed the latest gcc 2.8.1!!!

PLEASE HELP!

checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.1
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot
create executables.

JOERN_HEID
Webdesign / Entwicklung / FX

CENTAUR GmbH