Re: [htdig] pdf parser: No error;) Search: No results;(

Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:23:25 -0600 (CST)

According to Rick Wiggins:

> Well, I've decided to punt. With the latest Linux compatibility libraries,
> Acroread works just fine on my FreeBSD 3.0 box - and indexes the ENTIRE
> PDF, what a concept! ;-) So, I'm back to using the distribution 3.1.0b4...

Well, I guess that's your choice. I find 3.1.1 is more stable than
3.1.0b4, with a lot of bug fixes thrown in. I also find that an
external parser using my parse_doc.pl script and Derek's pdftotext
utility (from xpdf) is much faster than using acroread. With Derek's
and my patches, posted last week (Mar 3), and my latest fixes to
parse_doc.pl last Friday, it works a lot better than acroread for
indexing PDFs too.

As always, you can get my latest version of parse_doc.pl from

        http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/htdig/rpms/parse_doc.pl