Re: [htdig] pdf parser: No error;) Search: No results;(

Gilles Detillieux (
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:23:25 -0600 (CST)

According to Rick Wiggins:
> Well, I've decided to punt. With the latest Linux compatibility libraries,
> Acroread works just fine on my FreeBSD 3.0 box - and indexes the ENTIRE
> PDF, what a concept! ;-) So, I'm back to using the distribution 3.1.0b4...

Well, I guess that's your choice. I find 3.1.1 is more stable than
3.1.0b4, with a lot of bug fixes thrown in. I also find that an
external parser using my script and Derek's pdftotext
utility (from xpdf) is much faster than using acroread. With Derek's
and my patches, posted last week (Mar 3), and my latest fixes to last Friday, it works a lot better than acroread for
indexing PDFs too.

As always, you can get my latest version of from

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: