Re: [htdig] Problems running rundig

heddy Boubaker (boubaker@cenatoulouse.dgac.fr)
09 Mar 1999 09:15:13 +0100

 <> "Seri" == Seri Sandeep <seri@cs.orst.edu> writes:

Seri> I get the following error messages when I try to run rundig.

Seri> ld.so.1: htdig: fatal: libz.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Seri> Killed

 That mean the libraries loader (ld) could not found dynamic libz.so library
 anywhere.

 You need to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the script: put this near the top of
 rundig (libz.so should be in one of these directories)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

 BTW the problem will be the same with htsearch you'll have to write a wrapper
 around it exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH - that what I did maybe there is another
 better solution ? (add LD_LIBRARY_PATH in httpd environ ?)

 The best should be to maybe add -R option at compile time, so that in systems
 using dyn libs we'll not have to bother with LD_LIBRARY_PATH anymore ?