Re: [htdig] Problems running rundig

heddy Boubaker (
09 Mar 1999 09:15:13 +0100

 <> "Seri" == Seri Sandeep <> writes:

Seri> I get the following error messages when I try to run rundig.

Seri> htdig: fatal: open failed: No such file or directory
Seri> Killed

 That mean the libraries loader (ld) could not found dynamic library
 You need to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the script: put this near the top of
 rundig ( should be in one of these directories)
 BTW the problem will be the same with htsearch you'll have to write a wrapper
 around it exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH - that what I did maybe there is another
 better solution ? (add LD_LIBRARY_PATH in httpd environ ?)
 The best should be to maybe add -R option at compile time, so that in systems
 using dyn libs we'll not have to bother with LD_LIBRARY_PATH anymore ?