Re: [htdig] how to show results in same order as in raw database?

Fri, 5 Mar 1999 00:14:38 -0500

>I've looked at the text version of the database, and it appears as
>I'd expect:

The database is, not surprisingly, in order of URL discovery. So this would
likely be the order they were listed in your index.

>I have disabled all ranking factors in the config file:
..
>description_factor: 0
>meta_description_factor: 0
>backlink_factor: 0

At the moment, you can't just change the word rating factors on-the-fly.
You can change backlink_factor and date_factor, and they will update on the
next search. But the word factors are coded at the time of the indexing, so
changing these requires reindexing from scratch.

(I only mention this because you didn't say anything about reindexing. BTW,
on-the-fly factor updating is something I'm working on for future versions.)

>..but no matter what I do, I can't get the search results to present in
>the same
>order as they are in the database/filesys. I'm using test templates that
>show equal rank for all results.

What order do they show? Have you tried putting in the $(SCORE) variable,
which shows the full (i.e. non-percentaged) score? Are they all the same?