Re: [htdig] Compiling htdig on Solaris 2.6

Mark Solomon (msolomon@seva.net)
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:57:28 -0500 (EST)

That did the trick. Thank you very much!

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> According to Mark Solomon:
> > I've tried today to recompile with the GNU binutils-2.9 version of ld and
> > the egcs-1.1.1 and gnu gcc 2.8.1 with the same linking error.
> >
> > Still open for suggestions.

> > > OK, what's your ld command?

> > > I dunno, I see a DocHead(char *) in DocumentDB.cc, just like I see a
> > > DocHead(void) in DocumentDB.cc...
>
> These are defined in htcommon/DocumentRef.cc. It seems there's a problem
> with these functions in 3.1.1. When compiling with HAVE_LIBZ defined,
> but HAVE_ZLIB_H undefined, these functions are not defined. The two
> #ifdef's on lines 27 & 28 should be merged into one
>
> #if defined(HAVE_LIBZ) && defined(HAVE_ZLIB_H)
>
> and the extra #endif on line 120, just before the #else can then be
> removed, then the code should compile properly. That your system has
> libz but not zlib.h is strange, but the code could handle it better.
>
> --
> Spinal Cord Research Centre WWW: http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil

- Mark Solomon - Dep Dir of Information Technology
  1 University Place, Newport News, VA 23606
  Office 757-594-7092 FAX 757-594-7833
  http://www.seva.net/ - http://www.seva.net/~msolomon/