Re: [htdig] Compiling on IRIX 6.5

Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:23:03 -0600 (CST)

According to Benjamin F. Benson:
> I'm having trouble getting HtDig 3.1.1 to compile on an IRIX 6.5 machine. I get
> most of the way through the compilation, but I get this error:
>
> d: WARNING 84: ../rx/rx/librx.a is not used for resolving any symbol.
> ld: WARNING 84: /usr/lib/libz.a is not used for resolving any symbol.
> ld: WARNING 85: definition of errno in ../htlib/libht.a(DB2_db.o) preempts that
> definition in /usr/lib/libc.so.
> ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "DocumentRef::DocHead(char*)" -- 1st
> referenced by Retriever.o.
> Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos
> are loaded.
> ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "DocumentRef::DocHead(void)" -- 1st
> referenced by ../htcommon/libcommon.a(DocumentDB.o).
> Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos
> are loaded.
> ld: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
> gmake[1]: *** [htdig] Error 1
>
> Any suggestions?

Sounds like the same problem Mark Solomon reported on his Solaris 2.6 system.

These are defined in htcommon/DocumentRef.cc. It seems there's a problem
with these functions in 3.1.1. When compiling with HAVE_LIBZ defined,
but HAVE_ZLIB_H undefined, these functions are not defined. The two
#ifdef's on lines 27 & 28 should be merged into one

        #if defined(HAVE_LIBZ) && defined(HAVE_ZLIB_H)

and the extra #endif on line 120, just before the #else can then be
removed.

Let us know if that solves the problem for you. A few others have been
asking about how to compile on IRIX, but it seems they were running into
problems elsewhere, so maybe you'd have advice for them.