Re: [htdig] Compiling htdig on Solaris 2.6

Mark Solomon (msolomon@seva.net)
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:21:58 -0500 (EST)

I've tried today to recompile with the GNU binutils-2.9 version of ld and
the egcs-1.1.1 and gnu gcc 2.8.1 with the same linking error.

Still open for suggestions.

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> >It looks like it's leaving out a library path, but I dont know which one.
> >Here are is the error when compiling 3.1.1:
>
> OK, what's your ld command?
>
> > symbol in file
> >DocumentRef::DocHead(char *) Retriever.o
> >DocumentRef::DocHead(void) ../htcommon/libcommon.a(DocumentDB.o)
> >ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to htdig
>
> I dunno, I see a DocHead(char *) in DocumentDB.cc, just like I see a
> DocHead(void) in DocumentDB.cc...
>

> -Geoff Hutchison
> Williams Students Online
> http://wso.williams.edu/

- Mark Solomon - Dep Dir of Information Technology
  1 University Place, Newport News, VA 23606
  Office 757-594-7092 FAX 757-594-7833
  http://www.seva.net/ - http://www.seva.net/~msolomon/