[htdig] Javascript and Htdig

Hugh Blandford (hugh@island.net.au)
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 17:32:14 +1100

Hi all,

I know this has come up a lot in the archives but I seem to have a
situation that I can't work out. I would really appreciate it if someone
outside could look and spot my obvious mistake. I have a website that I am
indexing at http://www.ot.com.au . It has javascript all through it and I
cannot change the way this site is done, because another site with several
thousand pages has just been completed and is constructed the same way. I
have currently used muffin to strip out the javascript first but I don't
regard it as a very elegant solution.

If you go to the search button and enter open as the search term, the
results are fine because I have run it through Muffin. However, if I don't
I get a result like the one below:

Intelligent Network Solutions - Service Node
.. [an_image].src = eval(an_image + "on.src"); else if (on_off == 'off')
document [an_image].src=eval(an_image + "off.src"); } } Service Node The
Open Telecommunications Service Node, Open SN, is a cost effective means of
introducing IN services into non-IN networks. It has the features of a full
IN ...

http://www.ot.com.au/ins/ins_4.html 02/23/99, 12949 bytes

section. I am uncertain why it is appearing at all. I am aware that I
could use noindex_start/stop with <script and </script> however, that only
finds 4 documents and doesn't seem to work with any of the links in the
document. If anyone has two seconds to look at the site and tell me what
I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Regards,

Hugh Blandford