Re: [htdig] following links in noindex_start ....

Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:59:54 -0500

>I would like to use the noindex_start/stop feature to strip out javascript
>from the index but I would like htdig to follow the links inside the
>javascript. Is this possible?

JavaScript is not read by ht://Dig. I can show you a nice little proof that
illustrates that it is a non-trivial task to find all URLs in JavaScript or
any other programming language (just think about finding URLs that are
constructed on the fly). As such, ht://Dig doesn't even attempt to do this.
AFAIK, most spiders don't either.

If you have pages that only have JavaScript links, users beyond ht://Dig
are missing out. I can think of a number of browsers that do not support
JavaScript, including, of course, lynx. ;-)