Re: [htdig] passing $(WORDS)

Eric Luhrs (eluhrs@nbcs.rutgers.edu)
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:57:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Andrew Scherpbier wrote:
> Hmmm.... Can't you change the output template to include the $WORDS variable
> as a form argument to the links produced by the search?
> AFAIK, adding parameters to a request for an HTML file will not do anything
> strange. You can then have PHP look for these words when they are passed
> in. (The link to the "comments" form would have to be created by php code in
> the FAQ entry itself...)

Okay, I think I figured out what you mean. I appended "?words=$(WORDS)"
to the end of the "comment" link on a test page. Now PHP can grab $words
from the next page. Now, how do I make HtDig add "?words=$(WORDS)" to the
end of each URL it finds? I looked through the list of .conf file
attributes, but didn't see anything... Thanks.

  Eric

--

Eric Luhrs, Rutgers University Computing Services. MAIL: eluhrs@nbcs.rutgers.edu VOICE: 732.445.2464