where are user instructions on web page?

rbw@polyglotinc.com
Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:55:54 -0500

I was using the search facility on a site that was using
htdig (I assume since they had a logo that sent me to
your site http://www.htdig.org/
and I tried to find any instructions for the actual search
USER (as opposed to the deployer of the search engine).

I couldnt find user instructions anywhere. Was I blind?
The reason I was looking was that I was trying to search
for the literal string 4.2 but the seach engine kept
searching for 42 and putting quotes around it and everything
else I guessed at didnt seem to fix the problem.

So, where is the documentation of the "grammar" for
the seach language?

thanks,
Bruce Wallace