Re: [htdig] passing $(WORDS)

Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:21:57 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Brett Baugh wrote:

> It seems to me at first glance that this can't work, because the
> search results from htdig, though it does have the $WORDS variable in
> its form, won't have it on each and every link leading from the search
> page to the links in question. Hmmmmmm. Well, you could always send

I don't know about you, but I would change the search template to have
links like this:

Of course I can do this because I know none of my urls contain '?'...
Nevertheless, this would pass the variable WORDS to the pages. If you're
using PHP, you can parse from there.

Anyone interested in using PHP with ht://Dig might want to look at the
article written by Colin Viebrock, linked from the "Contributed Guides"
section of the ht://Dig website: http://www.htdig.org/contrib/guides.html