Re: [htdig] Spaces in the URL

Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:15:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Stevan Lockhart wrote:

> My Intranet contains spaces in directory and file names, as users publish
> straight to it. As it's currently configured, htDig doesn't appear to index
> URLs with such spaces. Is there something I'm missing, or is htDig not able
> to do this? Replacing the spaces with underscores seems to work, but I can
> hardly expect users to do that.

Hmm. This is a problem. First off, spaces are invalid characters in URLs.
They should be converted to %20. I'm quite surprised whatever you're using
for publishing and serving allows spaces!

I don't know if there's a good solution on ht://Dig's end. I can see if
there's a way to convert the spaces into %20, but if your sever is sending
out spaces, there's no guarantee it's going to accept the properly-encoded
URL.