[htdig] endings & stars?

Charlie Romero (charlie@jumpinternet.com)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 08:41:20 +0000

I need help with two quick questions please.

1. In build 3.1.0b2 which is the current one I am using. Is the
use_star_image attribute working? I answer the attribut with "no" but the
stars still show up. I didn't see this as a bug and I can't figure out what
I am doing wrong.

2. I have allow_numbers: true because my index builds on a car web site, so
for example 944 or 911 can be found. I am having trouble with endings
though. For example I can't find 944S turbo when 944 and turbo is the
regular find all search string. Endings is turned on and works fine for
normal text words but doesn't seem to work for the example above. Also with
endings turned on searching for 944 where 944S is known to exist in the
database 944S is not found.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charlie

Charlie Romero
Director of Corporate Development
(703) 299-3585
mailto:charlie@jumpinternet.com
                       J U M P I N T E R N E T

INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS INTERNET/INTRANET SOLUTIONS

                      http://www.jumpinternet.com