[htdig] htdig-3.1.1, htmerge, db.wordlist

Dudley, Jane (dud01@co.henrico.va.us)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:20:21 -0500

Hi. I am using htdig-3.1.1, from the rpm for RedHat Linux 5.2. I first run
/usr/sbin/htdig -i -c [my config file, which is almost the same as the
sample included with the distribution]. That seems okay. (Only warning or
error is "warning: unknown locale!"). Then I try /usr/sbin/htmerge -c
[config file] -vv and all I get from there is

htmerge: Unable to open word list file '[path]/db.wordlist'.

It does have the correct path there. If I do an ls -l for that path, I see
db.docdb with a length of 2048, and a db.wordlist.new with a length of 0.
No matter what I try, that's what I get. If I copy
/usr/htlib/htdig/db/db.wordlist back into that [path] and try htmerge again,
I get the same error. Why won't htmerge use the copied file or create a new
db.wordlist?

Thanks in advance for your help.

J. Dudley