Re: [htdig] 3.1.1: Does noindex_start, noindex_stop work?

Frank Richter (
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:04:26 +0100 (MET)

> D'oh!! The code and the documentation disagree on what the default is!
> In htdoc/attrs.html, it shows the defaults as <!--htdig-noindex--> and
> <!--/htdig-noindex-->, but in htcommon/, they're actually
> defined as <!--htdig_noindex--> and <!--/htdig_noindex-->. Note the
> underscore (_) instead of the hyphen (-).

Aah, see... thanks!
Ok, changed my little test document to <!--htdig_noindex-->
 - this works.

Then I had by mistake an empty noindex_start: value in the conf file, oh
dear, no words were indexed at all (my error, but might be dangerous for
others too).

My next try was to exclude all between <STYLE...> and </STYLE>:

Hmm, a bit strange, it excludes the STYLE words, but also all words till
the end of <!--/htdig_noindex-->...

So I think there might be other bugs too... - Frank

Work:  Computing Services,  Chemnitz University of Technology,  Germany