[htdig] db.words.gdbm

Mulaosmanovic,Jasmina (Mulaosmanovicj@agedwards.com)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:47:19 -0600

I've installed and set up ht://Dig 3.1.1, on S.u.S.E. without any problems.
I'd run htdig, came back with no apparent errors, it seems to have worked
fine. I've also run htmerge, and it also returned no errors, even when with
-v. Rundig also runs just fine.

However, when I open the sample search page, and attempt to do a query, it
get an error message back saying:

"Unable to read word database file '/opt/www/htdig/db/db.words.gdbm'
Did you run htmerge?"

This file does not exist in that directory, and I'm not sure that it needs
to exist.

I've also attempted running htmerge with -a, and it comes back with:

"htmerge: Unable to open word list file '/opt/www/htdig/db/db.wordlist.work'
"

Has anyone seen this before? If so, what causes it and how can I take care
of it?

-Jasmina