[htdig] another newbie :-) about files to search

Markus Eisele (markus@eisele.net)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:50:50 +0100

Hi all,

I am trying to translate htdig into german and while doing this I came
across some other problems. I have got a server with about 15.000 .htm and
.html files wich are not accually linked.
After some trouble I found someone helping me with the shell things and I
generated a file with:
find /mnt/www/mt-online/. -name '*.html' | perl -pe
's|^/path/to/file/\.|http://www.myserver.de|' > urls.txt
find /mnt/www/mt-online/. -name '*.htm' | perl -pe
's|^/path/to/file/\.|http://www.myserver.de|' >> urls.txt

Trying to set the start_url to
start_url: `/path/to/file/urls.txt`
ended up in an error message:
"virtual memory exceeded in "new""

Donīt know why, the server has about
MemFree: 12764 kB
SwapFree: 63208 kB

What else is there to change in the configuration-file to make it work
without using more SWAP?

Any suggestions or ideeas?

Thanks for your help,
Best,

Markus

Markus Eisele

email: markus@eisele.net
home: www.eisele.net

"One shall arise who possesses the strength of an army, the vision of a
prophet and the heart of a saint. This great one will bring an end to
the struggle between the darkness and the light..."
Support privacy rights! - PGP-public-key on request!