[htdig] Newbie question about excerpts

Phil Watkinson (pkw@elgro.co.uk)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:29:45 +0000

Hi everyone,

I am new to htdig and to this list. Thanks for an impressive piece
of software. I have been finding my way round the documentation
without any problems; however, I would like to ask some advice about
customizing the document excerpt. Can I show you an example?

----Example of Search Result showing typical excerpt---------------------
Re: ZyXEL is seriously studying ZyXEL-Hylafax performance issues * * * *

Hylafax Mailing List Archives [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread
Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index] Re: ZyXEL is seriously studying
ZyXEL-Hylafax performance issues * To: Shuvam Misra
<shuvam@spacenetindia.com>
* Subject: Re: ZyXEL is seriously studying ZyXEL-Hylafax performance
..
-----End of example------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, a typical search result will display the top of a
mailing list message, but that includes the page name and links
descriptions, as well as the subject twice.

I would like to get rid of them from the excerpt, and I hoped that
the <!--htdig-noindex--> tags may do the trick. Unfortunately not,
but is there anything else which I can use? Does a
<!--htdig-noexcerpt--> tag or similar thing exist?

Thanks for any help,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.