Re: [htdig] Broken link checker

info@edoc.co.za
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:55:54 +0200

A link checker with reporter will be a nice feature!

I'm using Apache and have set it to run a perl script that will mail
me the error info (ErrorDocument 404 setting)

When I do a rundig, I get a report of all the broken internal links.
This does exclude unfortunately all broken images - these I only
know about (unfortunately) when somebody visited the site.

(The script has actually bloated so it refers people "intelligently" to
alternative pages - as well as sending e-mail intelligent to the
maintainer of a websection)

Thanks anyway for a great system!

Nico