Re: [htdig] Broken link checker

Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:34:19 -0500

>When C is removed A and B contain a broken link. Not the
>owner of C needs a message but the owner of A and B. ht://Dig
>already has this owner feature (htnotify-mail). But this
>would definitly be a new feature not just an output
>parser.

Not really. As I mentioned, I have a pretty simple script to parse the "not
found" messages. If C no longer exists, then links from A and B are both
broken and reported. The referer portions of the "not found" messages
appear for me, so I'm not sure what you're worrying about.

It would seem a more powerful script would do something like this:

Read in file of regex patterns
Repeat for each pattern
   if pattern matches a "not found" _referer_, then
     send a message to the owner of the file
     (either from htnotify or the regex file)
end repeat

Thoughts?