RE: [htdig] Broken link checker

Budd, S. (s.budd@ic.ac.uk)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:40:21 -0000

We are working on a similar feature.

However we are not modifying the code but
greping the logfile for "not found" and then proceeding from there.
Of course you have to be wary of a server being down!
In an earlier version there were "not found" error message also contained
the URL of the page which the reference came from. This was useful.

If, as I have asked earlier, the keyword database had the
URL of the anchors on the page as keywords, we could then search for which
pages
were calling specific pages.