Re: [htdig] Broken link checker

Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:29:48 -0500

>to the page owner and/or the CUA webmaster. As far as I can tell, htdig does
>not currently support this feature; I am fairly good at C++, and it doesn't
>look that hard to add this code into the current class structure, but I just
>wanted to check that it hadn't been done before I started hacking away. (I
>will certainly share any code when I get it working.)

Now that's odd... When I run htdig, it spits out a bunch of "Not found"
messages at the end to the stdout. I wrote a short script that mails users
a broken link report (based on ~username), but I'm sure a Perl expert could
write a more userful, generalized one.

Why hack the code when it's already there? :-)

Cheers,