[htdig] Broken link checker

Benjamin Smedberg (41smedberg@cua.edu)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:10:42 -0500

I have gotten a basic search engine running for the Catholic U. websites.
Now, I would like to add functionality that would report broken links/images
to the page owner and/or the CUA webmaster. As far as I can tell, htdig does
not currently support this feature; I am fairly good at C++, and it doesn't
look that hard to add this code into the current class structure, but I just
wanted to check that it hadn't been done before I started hacking away. (I
will certainly share any code when I get it working.)

Benjamin Smedberg, CUA Asst. webmaster