Re: [htdig] Re: config file (was pdf parser: No error;)

Tue, 23 Feb 1999 11:20:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> I think that in general, it's a bad idea to put all configuration
> attributes into the user's configuration file. There are two reasons
> for this. First of all, it's an overwhelming set of attributes for any
> user just getting started. What's in the default htdig.conf file now
> is a reasonable starting point, and it's easy enough to add new ones,
> once you get familiar with the documentation.

I would tend to agree. That's why I was suggesting a separate
"defaults.conf" file which would not be the installed htdig.conf.

>From the questions from this list, it seems like people don't always know
that there are new config options to add. So it seems like it might help
to ship with a few sample files so that new users can see what might
change to do what they want. Each one, naturally should have the URL to
the config documentation at the top. :-)

Thoughts?