Re: [htdig] Re: config file (was pdf parser: No error;)

Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:59:48 -0800

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Joe R. Jah wrote:
>
> > As a side note, I think it would be very helpful to have the sample config
> > file have the entire options present as default, perhaps with a short
> > comment.
>
> Hmm. How about calling it "defaults.conf" and instead of a short comment
> for each line, a reference to the documentation at the top? This would be
> easier to maintain since it could be generated by script from the defaults
> source file.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Geoff Hutchison

Maybe an even better scheme would put the actual documentation for the
attributes in its own database that we can then use to generate both the HTML
docs and a defaults.conf
Nothing a little perl script couldn't do. This would also allow us to split
up the HTML docs into more managable parts.
Ideas?

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrews@contigo.com>