Re: [htdig] Error Message

Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:28:09 -0600 (CST)

According to Marjolein Katsma:
> I'm glad to hear it! You know, Gilles could have been right about the
> permissions and all that - but this just looked soooo familiar. At least my
> workaround will on record now in th earchives for those that also run on a
> virtual server.

Yeah, I thought it looked familiar too, and as Matt's original message
didn't make any mention of virtual servers running on their own document
root directories, I went for what I thought was the more likely cause
of the problem. I guess the lesson in all this is the importance of
knowing the details of the user's environment! Sometimes, a key detail
can make all the difference in determining what the most likely cause
of the problem is. I guess the path that Matt mentioned in his message
was the clue you picked up on that this was a virtual server environment.
That evaded me, as I'm not very familiar with setting up virtual servers.
Good call!