RE: [htdig] Error Message

Matthew Cousins (cousins@dircon.co.uk)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:09:42 -0000

Hi Marjolein,

Thanks for the advice, it worked perfectly, it'd be good if in future
releases there was an option to specify a web server root and a full root.
But at least it works!

Thanks for the help

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Marjolein Katsma [mailto:webmaster@javawoman.com]
Sent: 22 February 1999 12:48
To: htdig@htdig.org
Subject: Re: [htdig] Error Message

Matthew,

[Warning: long!]

I ran into the same problem when first installing ht://Dig. The root of the
problem is that when you log in with Telnet, you see a different "root"
than your webserver does. th eht://Dig programs will need to know this.
Here is how I explained it to someone else who emailed me with the same
problem:

[Information Removed]

Marjolein Katsma webmaster@javawoman.com
Java Woman - http://javawoman.com/