Re: [htdig] indexes of directories

Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:18:26 -0600 (CST)

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> >Question: how did ht://dig recognize this apache feature and how can
> >I disable it in ht://dig (I'd like just a "GET /documentation/vp/")?
>
> If you look at the source of the directory, you'll see that the column
> names are links to the sorting options. But as you notice, the URLs are
> distinct, so ht://Dig treats them as different files.
>
> Personally, I include '?' in my exclude_urls attribute, which prevents
> ht://Dig from following these links. Since I don't index any CGIs, this
> works for me.

And if you do want to index CGIs, but want to exclude only the Apache
directory sort options, you could add this to exclude_urls:

        /?N=D /?M=A /?S=A /?D=A

This should catch all of the sort options, without interfering with
(most) CGI script query strings.

> Out of curiousity, where would you put this in the documentation?

You could use this as an example in attrs.html#exclude_urls (or wherever
it will wind up after the reorganization). Include the words Apache
directory sort options in the description, so it can be found with a
search. A "preemptive" entry in the FAQ may be a good idea too! (This
likely will become a FAQ soon anyway, I suspect.)

Anywhere else?