[htdig] Error Message

COUSINS_M (COUSINS_M@ice.org.uk)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:51 +0000

Hello,

I am a new user to htdig. I have set the software up and ran the rundig
program to create the index (am currently using the test one that
searches the Htdig documentation), however whenever i run the html page I
get the following error:

ht://Dig error
htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
site. The error message is:
Unable to read configuration file
'/usr/home/dunewebd/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'

However I have checked this directory and the file is there, I have the
following HTML line in my search page to specify the config file name:

input type=hidden name=config value=htdig

Also, if I telnet in to my account and switch to the CGI-bin for my
webserver I can run the htsearch directly from there, it asks for
keywords if I enter them then it outputs the contents of a HTML file into
the window.

Any ideas, help would be appreciated.

Matthew Cousins