[htdig] pdf parser: No error;) Search: No results;(

Joe R. Jah (jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:30:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

I run ht/Dig 3.1.1 including the parser patch on a BSDI 4.0 box. In my
htdig.config I have:

        pdf_parser: /usr/contrib/bin/pdftops

rundig does not complain about any pdf files except two large files, for
which I plan to increase:

        max_head_length: 50000

to some very high number; however, search does not find any words in pdf
files; they do not show up in any results.

Has anyone successfully used pdftops to dig pdf files?

I appreciate any pointers.

TIA,

Joe

  _/_/ oe _/ _/. _/_/ ah jjah@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us