Re: [htdig] Update Database on-line ?

Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:31:59 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Carlos Lancha wrote:

> I would appreciate if you could let me know if it is possible to update
> on-line the database that it is created when you run the ht://Dig, in case
> if the website is changed/updated.

Well you can obviously update the database by running a script, either the
"rundig" script that comes with ht://Dig or one that you write yourself.
Maybe it's not so obvious if you're asking the question. :-)

> I would like to know as well if it is possble to run ht://Dig from the
> browser.

Personally, I'd worry about how this was done, since I don't want people
messing with my databases. But you can have a simple CGI that verified the
user and called "rundig" as above.