Geoff Hutchison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:22:13 -0500 (EST)
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag...
I'm very pleased to announce the release of version 3.1.1 of ht://Dig,
a.k.a. "the paper bag release." This version fixes a number of assorted
bugs in version 3.1.0, most notably a bug causing bus errors on a number
of platforms, including Solaris-ULTRASparc, IRIX, and Digital UNIX.
You can downlaod htdig-3.1.1 from
Release notes for htdig-3.1.1 17 Feb 1999
This version cleans up some remaining bugs in the 3.1.0 release. As
the latest stable release of ht://Dig, it is recommended for all
* Fixed a bug in the configure script under IRIX and Solaris 7.
* Fixed a minor bug with the Berkeley database code under
* Fixed a serious bug causing bus errors on several platforms,
notably Solaris SPARC, caused by unaligned access to database
* Fixed some bugs in the boolean search parser.
* Replaced the contributed parse_word_doc.pl script with a more
capable parse_doc.pl script.
* Fixed the htnotify program to parse dates as mentioned in the
* Cleaned up some minor mistakes in the documentation and moved to
HTML 4.0 Transitional syntax.
* Fixed the documentation for the pdf_parser attribute that was
changed in version 3.1.0. This attribute must call the parser with
all command-line options.
Williams Students Online
To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to
email@example.com containing the single word "unsubscribe" in
the SUBJECT of the message.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Mon Feb 22 1999 - 07:08:23 PST