[htdig] compression, multiple database performance

Jeff Breidenbach (jeff@jab.org)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 01:28:31 -0500

I have a couple of (easy?) performance questions regarding new
features in version 3.1.0

1) Could someone roughly describe the impact of compression_level? I
   assume it involves saving disk space and spending CPU. I'd like to
   get a feel for when, where and how much (as I decide whether to
   deploy compression on some large htdig databases)

2) I notice that htmerge works across multiple databases now. Let's
   say I can have either one huge database or lots of small databases
   that I can htmerge together. Is there any reason to choose one over
   the other?

Thank you in advance,
Jeff